DM 4800 battery location

Stephen Wilder

Gear owned
DM 4800
Sorry for the newby question. Where is the internal battery on a DM 4800 and how do you access it? Thanks!

I would think it's on the main board. Probably a CR2032 battery. There's excellent documentation on how to get to the main board on 2seemy.com. Follow the installation instructions for the 2seemy card for the DM4800. It tells you how to open the machine.

Actually now that I'm looking at the service manual, it looks like it's going to be a bitch to get to if I'm correct. If I'm reading the schematic correctly, it looks like it's on the main board under the power supply. Corner top right if looking at board. I don't think the instructions I referred to above get you there all the way. I think Redbus gave me complete instructions on how to dismantle the DM 3200. If I find them I'll upload them to the forum. Probably very similar to dm4800.

Here are the instructions and on pages 7, 9 and 10 you can see the battery where I suspected.

Attachments

• DM-3200_Open.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 94
Thank you Cmaffia. That looks helpful and just a bit intimidating! I don't understand the design philosophy that would make a replaceable part so hard to get to.

It's typical for these types of machines. Wasn't any easier to get to the battery in any of my Akai gear either.

We got an error message about the battery today, but have been having another issue for a few months I think may be related. Often when the mixer boots up there is an error message saying that it wasn't shut down properly (even though it was) and then it doesn't load the current project file. You have to go to the project management screen and load the project from the CF card. Do you think the battery would cause that, or could a failing CF card be an issue as well?
Thanks!

Possible

AFAIK, the last preserved project settings - meaning the state the mixer was in before shutdown - are not preserved on the CF card but internally in the mixer. Which makes it point to the battery even more when failing to load next time.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.