DM-4800 digital input select - RCA/XLR

Steve Wyatt

Gear owned
DM-4800
Hi all,

I feel really stupid having to ask this. I've recently installed a DM-4800 for a client. I can't for the life of me work out how to switch DIN 1 or 2 between SPDIF (the RCA socket) and AES (the XLR socket).

I can see where the option is - at the bottom right of the Routing / Input screen - but nothing I do will change them; the cursor won't move onto that option.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

It's on the Input Routing page at the bottom.

Both are right.

For digital OUTS:
In the ALT/DIGITAL page, look for the format tab. Left side for 1, right side for 2. Here you can only select the output terminal. Under output, move the curser next to format and use the jog wheel to select SPDIF or AES/EBU for your digital output.

For Digital INS:
Go to ALT/ROUTING page, look for the INPUT tab. On the bottom right, you will see DIN Select. Arrow over to there, jog wheel what you want and hit enter. Done.

If it helps, you can change your DM's clock to slave to your digital equipment by going to ALT/PROJECT page, look for the Clock tab. Select what you want to use for your clock master on the left. Make sure you set up your Fs mode accordingly on the right.

OK, just read that you can't change the digital input. This might seem obvious, but do you have anything plugged into it? Mine are both selectable, even though I only have the SPDif plugged in.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.