Dm 4800 slow response when remote controlling cubase

Cthulhu

Gear owned
dm 4800
Hi all,
I updated cubase from 9 to 9.5 and win10 to the latest edition (I got tired of the microsoft message popping up and freezing my computer and trying to update it no matter if i wanted to ) and I have a new problem that didn't exist before. In medium to large projects the dm-4800 has slow response getting information from cubase in remote control mode. For instance when I click to go from layer 1-24 to 49-... the faders don't move right away but sometimes it takes a few seconds and some times i need to press stop in cubase so the song will stop playing, and then the faders move to their new position. It has something to do with midi not being fast to send all the information, but how do i resolve that? One more thing I had to re-initialize the console (maybe it has something to do with a setting in the console?)No other midi devices are used.
Thank you for your suggestions

@Cthulhu This may or may have nothing to do with the issues that you are having:
I too have taken in the latest Win10 updates. It appears that Microsoft doesn't really give us much choice in the matter. I do not use Cubase 9.x but I can say that my PC has been running excruciatingly slow ever since. What I did was to rollback to an older update and my performance was back to normal. However, the update continues to manifest itself regardless of my update settings. In my case, I believe that it may be drover related. Perhaps, display drivers. Best of luck! Peter

Thank you Peter for your input! If I won't be able to find a solution I will go back to a previous windows installation (fortunately I did a hd clone before the windows update)

Reactions: Peter Batah
Just an update, I noticed that the problem persists when there are midi tracks in the project and when the cursor is after the midi events and in play mode everything is fine.Also when I hit play with my spacebar the pc keyboard triggers a note, so it send midi data.I believe here lies the problem. How can I stop my keyboard sending midi data?

In Cubase, you have to make sure there are no MIDI tracks with 'All Inputs' set at the inspector. I think it's the standard and it gets me sometimes when suddenly pushing 'Play' on the DM triggers a note.

With your initial slow response problem it also looks like some sort of MIDI overload or wrong setting. Sounds to me like there is massive MIDI data (from tracks?) sent to the DM somehow.

Reactions: Cthulhu
Thank you Arjan for replying,
I always had "all inputs" selected in midi in and never had this kind of problem, but I'll check it out. It is weird that my space bar triggers a midi note though...even with all inputs selected how can cubase "see" my pc keyboard as a midi device?...Is there an option in cubase that somehow was selected?

Yeah I don't know about that, never had that happen with a computer keyboard..

New threads

Members online