DM24 error code 009 CPU address error

bobco631

From
Winnipeg
Gear owned
Tascam DM-24
Hi . long shot here, I'm in Winnipeg , MB Canada. Thought Id reach out and say hello !
I do have an issue with my beloved DM24 which I hope to remedy. I have added some good functionality to the basic DM24 with the 2-Seemy VGA output as well as the meter bridge and Firewire card. Lately I haven't been able to boot because of an error 009. Cpu address error. Remedy suggest to "check U6 and U7 on the main pcb and it's peripheral circuits for signs of poor contact"
I'll open it up and look for problems in regard to those areas U6 and U7 on the main pcb. Have you experienced this issue yourself or have you heard to this error message being remedied in the past? Any info is greatly appreciated.

kind Canadian regards,

Bob

Attachments

• IMG_4437.JPG
    IMG_4437.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 8
Bob,
Welcome to the forum!
I haven't seen that particular error... I had the most common error with the capacitors in the psu. If that's what you're seeing - I would replace with the new caps. If not - continue your troubleshooting process! Look for browned or blackened components, cold solder points, etc.

If you are looking for a used,working dm-24 with lines on the LCD screen.
you can purchase mine real cheap!
Thanks,
Eddy

Hi Eddy , thanks for the reply. To date I haven't opened her up yet. It all started June 30 when I returned from a long weekend outing to find the power had gone out in the neighbourhood. Initially trying to reboot brought the fatal error , 009. I left it unplugged for over a month, then it turned on reliably for a few days. Then the error has returned. I've been through a few of the diagnostic processes , all seem to work fine, but upon rebooting I can't get past the CPU address error, 009. I have some time off in the newt few weeks and will endeavor to have a look inside and address whatever I can find at that time. I've had the mixer since about mid 2005, used it daily for the most part, I've added the 2-Seemy VGA output and meter board as well it came with the firewire card, it's been pretty reliable for over 10 years, no reason to quit now, keep her alive I say ! I'll report back after some serious diagnosis.
regards,
Bob

Update , not really, never opened her up , just moved on , cleared her out , lamented all the money I put into her over the years, the $1800 to buy her around 2003 , the 2Seemy upgrade which is great btw , the meter panel I got from a trip to Montreal etc. Moved on to some MOTU interfaces, the 828 Mk II , as old as she is still has heaps more headroom for mixing and monitoring so I couldn't go back once hearing the difference , space saver etc, if I ever get her going maybe use as a monitoring PA mixer for live rehearsals or the like . Time moves on , old gear gets put out to pasture. I still trip over it from time to time thinking, when am I ever gonna get around to fixing you, where do I even begin.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.