DM24 multitrack recording connection

Gert Blank

Gear owned
DM24
Hi guys,

I'm currently using a DM24 mixer for live mixing. At this moment I use the control room outputs for the recording, but that is only a stereo out. I was wondering if it is able to make a multitrack recording through midi connections. I know that the US16x08 also has midi in and out connections. Would this work? Just curious

I'm not a DM24 user, but recording audio over MIDI is impossible. But I'm sure the DM24 has Aux Outputs, and possibly TDIF as well, and those could in theory be used. Ofcourse you'd need to interface these outputs with a multi track recorder/ DAW.

I am not sure what you would like to do, but:

1. The MIDI interfaces on DM-24 only serve the purpose of connecting the DM-24 to either controll it over MIDI or let the DM-24 controll other devices over MIDI, no music involved here.

2. In case you have the IF-FW/DM card installed in your DM-24 connected to your PC via firewire cable, than you can use the IF-FW/DM card (which also has MIDI interface on it) as a MIDI interface to your PC. So if you have a MIDI sythethizer, you can record multiple MIDI tracks from that synthetizer connected via IF-FW/DM MIDI port into your MIDI sequencer like Cubase, Cakewalk etc.

3. There is no way of recording audio (from microphones connected to the DM-24) over MIDI interface

New threads

Members online