DM24 Screen Repair

I bought the 2Seemy Solution about a year ago, when I first heard about it I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough, I was so excited. It changed it all, a major game changer, fell in love with the DM24 all over again, seems like a no brainer to me, I'm running a dedicated 20" monitor vga and its a HUGE improvement over that tiny shitty blue screen, I can't fathom why one would want to replace that piece of shit. Thank the Lord that that french fellow from Niece, France actually developed this product, pay him and rejoice in the love you once had and now is greater than ever. Seriously, it's like your girlfriend just returned with a breast job and you simultaneously got a penis enlargement, and you savour the moment you both take the bandages off and go hog wild, ....it's that great!!!!

Reactions: -mjk-
Wilfred should use that quote on his website LOL!

My screen is fine (knocking on wood) but I would like this feature regardless. My only problem with this mod is it voids warranty.. then again if your warranty period has already expired, then "go hog wild" I suppose!

Reactions: -mjk-
this is MY first post but me thinks this post above is a bit of spam. Doing research on the 2seemy stuff, I've seen many forums that have this type of post on them by a poster with 1 post.

At any rate ... I'm a DM 24 user with an unreadable screen. If anyone comes up with any resolves...I'd love to hear about them.

I have this same problem,

i am tossing up whether to do the repair detailed above or get one of these things

http://www.2seemy.com/

i'll probably try the above repair first, when i have some time
it looks like a pretty good solution anyway, if you have room for an external screen and dont need both your card slots

Opened it to fix the display, and fucked it up... but on the back of the display was written this: MG3224C3-SBF <<< googled it <<< bought it on ebay for 90 Euro shipping included <<< now waiting for it :)

I "fixed" my screen by putting shims above and below the ribbon connector on the side of the display as detailed in gravity jim's post. i did not remove and re attach the ribbon cable, as he suggested as i just wanted a very quick fix so i could use it the next day.

this solution brought the screen back from being totally unusable, to useable. though there are still a quite a few lines through the screen i can see what is going on.

soundtech: your guide is great, i found it on google before you posted here and used it to help in my repair.

osotogari: looks good, just saw it on ebay too. let us know how it goes.

bobco631: I agree with you in that i think this is a fantastic solution. the dm24 used to be my main mixer and i still love it, but for my current situation, the reason that i would want to replace the screen is: in my current setup I am using the dm24 as a sidecar mixer in addition to a large format analog console, mostly for headphone mixes (while tracking) and as an fx processor (while mixing down) my control room is not huge and i dont really have room for another monitor. so i prefer to keep it contained in the mixer to save space.

osotogari said:
Opened it to fix the display, and fucked it up... but on the back of the display was written this: MG3224C3-SBF <<< googled it <<< bought it on ebay for 90 Euro shipping included <<< now waiting for it :)

Let me know how that works out....

Well the display MG3224C3-SBF I bought on ebay arrived yesterday, but isn't all that for the DM24.
I put it in place>>>noticed there was an extra 4pin ribbon on it, for wich I didn't find a connection, probably to control the screen brightness>>> also the white multi ribbon was a little short, so I had to squeeze it in with the top almost closed.

When i powered up the DM24, there wasn't all that much to see>>>turned the display to full brightness>>>only from a low or side angle you can see the graphics clearly, if you stand it's hard to read the display - my back is already hurting from bending down to see what's happening - seated low it's ok.

Conclusion: it's NOT a good option, I will program and save settings and use those.

If someone knows how to adjust a display like this, I would be glad to know.
greetings

no it's a third cupper black flat looking ribbon.

...and tthanks, your guide was very helpful.

I just received the same screen from the vendor on Ebay.

I haven't had time to install it yet, but I compared it closely to my old one. It appears identical except -- the 14-conductor flat ZIF cable is soldered directly to the board, and there is an extra 4-pin connector leading to glass panel above the display. I believe this panel is a 4-wire resistive touch screen overlay which should be transparent.

I'll try to install the new panel this week and will post the results, good or bad.

wonder said:
this is MY first post but me thinks this post above is a bit of spam. Doing research on the 2seemy stuff, I've seen many forums that have this type of post on them by a poster with 1 post.

Perhaps it is a spam. :?:

I have set a "2seemy" on all my DMs (7 DM24 and only one DM-4800) and I am very happy of that. (see here)
Not only because it saves the mixer when the screen becomes un-readable (I have all my screens in good health apart for one line or two on some) but it is comfortable, really nice, to read the 15" screen without bending at this little "playstation" screen.

OK on the 15" it is pixelized like an vintage space invader, it is black and white, but you can read it. That's all.

About Garantee :D I suppose it is for a DM-3200/4800.
The 2seemy is a sort of extension card, that can be removed easily if you need to send back your mixer for garantee-repairs.

Another solution :
Buy this screen, change a resistor and swap your old screen for a new one.
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 1438.l2649

Bernard

Bernard wrote:
"Another solution :
Buy this screen, change a resistor and swap your old screen for a new one."

Please explain the part about changing a resistor. Thanks.

R3 (smd) must be changed to 27 Kohms. See PDF
You can use a standard resistor.
Otherwise with the original 18k value the contrast cannot be adjusted (result is a very light screen).

Note that the ribbon strip is very short, it is just long enough but you will need to disconnect it when you open the mixer.

Edit : I have 3 LCDs from them in my DM's... it's OK.

Attachments

• Ecran - modif de DRYO (écran chinois).pdf
    281.1 KB · Views: 282
Thanks for the clarification and the document you attached. Makes it very clear.

(Pas besoin d'excuses pour le document en francais. Je suis Quebecois.)

osotogari said:
Well the display MG3224C3-SBF I bought on ebay arrived yesterday, but isn't all that for the DM24.
I put it in place>>>noticed there was an extra 4pin ribbon on it, for wich I didn't find a connection, probably to control the screen brightness>>> also the white multi ribbon was a little short, so I had to squeeze it in with the top almost closed.

When i powered up the DM24, there wasn't all that much to see>>>turned the display to full brightness>>>only from a low or side angle you can see the graphics clearly, if you stand it's hard to read the display - my back is already hurting from bending down to see what's happening - seated low it's ok.

Conclusion: it's NOT a good option, I will program and save settings and use those.

If someone knows how to adjust a display like this, I would be glad to know.
greetings

Change the R3 resistor. (I used a standard resistor with the wires "omega" folded)
I have bought 3 of these screens and it works well (I used 2 in my DMs, the 3rd is a spare).
See the PDF file. It comes from Audiofanzine.fr where the forums are very active :)

hey, thanks, c'est tres claire, I'll try to replace it tomorrow...and a good choice after all :)

Yes it's a good choice, even the only one for a stand alone DM24 (if it is confirmed the replacement LCD is not anymore avaiable from Tascam) - I mean without an external screen + its stand + 2seemy.

Attachments

• LCD DM-24 modif résistance L.JPG
    LCD DM-24 modif résistance L.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 214
Oohyea, soldered the 27Kohms resistor in, and there it was, a perfect readable screen.

Just a thought, but i think a 24kohms resistor would do the trick too, with a bigger marge to adjust the brightness.

For connecting the ribbon I think the easiest way is to close the desk, slide the top towards you, lift it, connect the ribbon, slide it back up and close.

Thanks again, finally :D

New threads

Members online

No members online now.