Dm3200 and adat

Dan Knight

Gear owned
DM 3200
Hello good folks of Tascam Forums.

I'm new to Tascam, and relatively new to digital equipment. The theatre where I work has a Tascam DM3200 as its FOH mixer, and I'd like to expand it up to 24 channels (the plan being, to expand up to 32 in the future.

I am attempting to connect a behringer ADA8200 8ch digital preamp to the DM via ADAT. I want to get the 8 digital inputs from the preamps working with channels 17 - 24 on the DM.

I have the out of the preamp going to the in of DM and the out of the DM going to the in of the preamp. Preamp is set to ‘ADAT in’ (slave to DM word clock). Is this correct?

I have a mic plugged into channel 1 on the preamp. With stereo master turned up on DM and gain turned up on the preamp, I have sound through the speakers. However, I have no control with channel faders (or any other controls) on the DM for this mic. All I can do is affect volume by adjusting gain on the preamp.

Please can someone advise the appropriate routing settings on the DM to allow full control over the 8 digital inputs across channels 17 - 24?

Thanks in advance!

New threads

Members online