Dm3200 and Logic x setup - help!

like I said before, this is my first time with this beast, here are some photos of the routing in my dm, don't know how it supposed to be.

Attachments

• routing 2.jpg
    routing 2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 47
  • routing 3.jpg
    routing 3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 51
  • routing 4.jpg
    routing 4.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 53
  • routing 1.jpg
    routing 1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 53
  • routing 5.jpg
    routing 5.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 38
  • routing 9.jpg
    routing 9.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 35
  • routing 10.jpg
    routing 10.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 33
  • routing 7.jpg
    routing 7.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 35
  • routing 8.jpg
    routing 8.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 36
  • routing 6.jpg
    routing 6.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 35
do you think its the IFFW? I've been looking for the FW MK11 but can't find it, any idea where can I get it?

As far as I can see, your routing settings is the problem. I really suggest you check some of the documentation in this forum, under Documentation and Manuals.

And in this same thread, in this message: #11

You really need to spend some time to figure all this out. It's the very basis of the DM. Admittedly with a bit of a steep learning curve, but you will enjoy it later.

Hint: Logic is connected to the FW card fine, but you need to tell the DM where to let these channels go inside the DM. Also, your picture 1 shows the default setting, where the M/L inputs go to the first 16 channels. But they also have a return setting. You can use that to send the M/L directly to the FW card and into Logic. Arm your tracks and select the right input channel per track in Logic.

There's much more to all this, but you need to have a basic understanding of how routing in the DM works. Experiment, fiddle around with settings and don't be afraid, it's hardly possible to break anything.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask AFTER you have studied the many manuals here. :)

Thank you, i'm gonna keep trying, it's a learning process, a very long process... when you talk about sending the M/L directly to the FW card into logic, is it like this how you set it up?

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 29
I chose another path, by having the M/L come in at channels 25 and further, but yes, this should work.

Reactions: juan munoz

New threads

Members online

No members online now.