DM3200 - Using IF-FW/DMMKII With Mac OS 10.9.5 an Logic Pro 9

Thales G Tonin

Gear owned
DM 3200
Hi Guys.
I bought a new Mac Pro, to use as my recording Mac. It came with Mac OS 10.9.5 already installed (I haven't updated to Yosemite yet). It seems to me that Tascam has not released a drive for the IF-FWDMMKII firewire to work with Mac OS 10.9.5
What should I do? Should I instal a beta drive? If so which one? Is it better to remain in Mac OS 10.9.5 or upgrade for Mac Os 10.10.2 (Yosemite)??
When I try to setup the IF-FWDMMKII in the Audio Midi Setup from the Mac, it says that the IF-FWDMMKII has no input or output stream (as shown in the attached screen shot).
When I try to setup the IF-FWDMMKII as my audio input and output on Logic, it does not show as an option.
My slot card, on the DM 3200 -> Digital -> Slot, is saying status ok 1394 locked, so it seems there is nothing wrong with it....
What should I do? I'm completely lost!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 9.08.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 9.08.11 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
If you guys need any further explanation of my problem, please let me know, and I'll try my best to explain!
Thanks a lot guys!!!

Jim, which one should I choose?
Do you know which is the drive for Mac OS 10.9.5? And which is the drive for Mac OS 10.10.2?
Do you have any suggestion on the topic.... Should I stay Mac Os 10.9.5 or should I go Yosemite?? Any of the 2 work better??
By the way, thanks so much for the quick reply Jim!!

Thanks Jim! Just made it work with Yosemite! Now the Audio Midi Setup from mac sees the firewire card correctly! Cheers Mate!

Reactions: Gravity Jim
Hello gravity jim,i really really need your advice cos I'm facing the same issue with my iMac.I can't see the iffwdmmkll option in the audio output option.
Another issue is,when my dm4800 is on,my iMac can't boot completely until i shut down my iMac.

Well, I'd just ask you the same question: which driver are you running for the IF/FW card?

V1.30f10 the latest version.
Osx yosemite 10.10.2
imac core i7 processor 3.1ghz
8gb ram
SN:D25KR0HSDNMM
Im so sorry for bugging you guys with this.Ive switched cables,changed the thunderbolt converter,i even went back to 10.9.5 but no joy.

Well... That oughta work. Hmmmm. I take it your iMac is brand new and doesn't have FW ports...

When you say "audio output option," do you mean in the DAW or in Apple's Audio/Midi Setup?

This a puzzle. It should work fine... The only things I can think if are rudimentary, physical things. You say you tried a known-good FireWire cable, and tried a different type of Thunderbolt convertor. Have you tried reseating the card in the DM?

Hi Jim,here's some clue to help solve my trouble.
Then another problem is when the tascam dm4800 is on,and I restart my imac,it freezes at some point.

Attachments

• IMAG0264.jpg
    IMAG0264.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0261.jpg
    IMAG0261.jpg
    1,001.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0263.jpg
    IMAG0263.jpg
    891.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0264.jpg
    IMAG0264.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0311.jpg
    IMAG0311.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0258.jpg
    IMAG0258.jpg
    868.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0236.jpg
    IMAG0236.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
Well, the DM is reporting the card is installed and okay, but doesn't see a driver on the computer side. Are you sure the most recent beta driver is really installed on the iMac? This still sounds like a driver problem...

New threads

Members online