DM3200 with Cubase 8 - Remote Device - setup

From
Antwerp
Gear owned
2xDA3000, DP24, DM320, ..
Hello,
Just tried to install my new DM3200 and connect it with Cubase 8.
Installed the IF-FW/DM MkII and everything went fine (also thanks to the superb manuals to be found in this forum). Now, I was working in the Device Setup menu of Cubase to set up my DM as a control surface.
But after I added 2 x "Mackie Control" in the Remote Devices, I 'm not getting the famous ports 6 and 7 as I can read from the manuals for the MIDI input/output. I'm only getting the following choices:
- All MIDI inputs
- Tascam DM-3200 DM-3200RemoteControl Port
- Tascam DM-3200 DM-3200RemoteMIDI Port
- Tascam DM-3200 DM-3200RemoteMTC Port
- Tascam DM-3200 DM-3200RemoteProgram Change Port
- Tascam DM-3200 DM-3200Remote Port1
- Tascam DM-3200 DM-3200Remote Port2
- Tascam IF-FW/DM mkII MIDI port

Which one should I chose for the Remote Controls "Mackie Control" and "Mackie Control2" ?

Thx and rgds,
Stef

Thx cmaffia,
but I reaaly tried to stick to the document .... and I'm still getting the same choices as listed above .... So I chose Tascam DM-3200 DM-3200Remote Port2 for Mackie Control and Tascam DM-3200 DM-3200Remote Port1 for Mackie Control 2. Apparantly, it works now.

And you have the DM3200 USB cable going to your computer? Does the Tascam TMC utility work as well? Are you Mac or PC? Would help if everyone put their system stats in their autosignature ;-)

here you go ... :)
So, I'm a Mac user, yes. My USB cable is connected from DM3200 to iMac.
I still need to check the working of the TMC utility ... Will do that tonight as I'm in the office right now. :(

Not a Mac User. Maybe this is how the Mac interprets the USB MIDI ports!
On a PC it just lists them by Port number from 1 to 7. Sounds like it is working so you're good to go.

Cool! A fellow DA-3000/Cubase 8/Wavelabs 8 user!

Indeed, .. really love these machines / software. Just to give you some more info, I'm writing music for harmony bands (as we call it here in Europe), a combination of Brass and Woodwind instruments with some percussion.
I also record other harmony bands and try to mix/master their performance, .... hence the fact that I wanted the DM3200 to help with that ! ;)

I checked the TMC utility and it is properly installed (it recognizes the DM ...).
Pls find here attached some screenshots I took from the Remote screens on the DM. Maybe you can spot something which would not be correct?
Control.png Ext_Ctrl.png Machine_Ctrl.png

From memory it looks correct. Is something still not working?

Well, ... to me all looks fine as well and the DM behaves as I would expect.
I was confused with the screenshots from the attachment, with port 5 and 6 ... hence the question.
Thx for confirming.
Maybe I should update the attachment you sent with regard to setting up the DM3200/DM4800 with screen shots for Mac running Cubase 8 version ... could be of use for other users.

Rgds.

I suspect that the labeling of your ports by your MAC is just confusing things. Tascam DM-3200 DM-3200Remote Port1 & 2 must correspond with MIDI ports 5 & 6.

Cubase is not creating these names, your MAC OS/Drivers are.

Maybe other MAC users can confirm. This is the first I am hearing of this labeling.

The MIDI ports listed in the first post are correct for DM-3200 on Mac using OSX.

These are the ports to use for Mac for DM fader control in Cubase.

- Tascam DM-3200 DM-3200Remote Port1
- Tascam DM-3200 DM-3200Remote Port2

Quick question, I have the DM setup with Cubase and the faders and transport work fine but the EQ and Aux functions are not working like they used to back when I was using Cubase 4 and 5. If I hit the EQ button on the right side of the board I would be able to tweak the EQ by using the pan knobs, and it was one for one, as it was in Cubase screen. Now with 8 it is not laid out the same and some pan knobs move some parts of the EQ and other knobs do nothing. I know I am not explaining this right but if you ran into the same issue you would know it.
Anyone experiencing issues using the Pan knobs with EQ or Aux sends?

Need to change MACKIE AND MACKIE 2 DEVICES from CUBASE to COMPATIBILITY mode.

These are 7.5 instructions (same for 8.0):

Steinberg have changed parts of their Mackie control implementation in Cubase 7.5 without updating the documentation (in fact without documenting or mentioning it anywhere at all). You can find a user-compiled list of changes on the Cubase Forum. TouchDAW 1.5.1 now includes an extra preset for Cubase 7.5. If you rather want to continue working with the old implementation, leave TouchDAW at the Cubase / Nuendo preset, select "Mackie Control" from Cubase 7.5's "Devices" menu and set the popup in the little window that will come up to "Compatibility":

download.jpg

Thanks Charlie, I will give that a try when I get home. I had a feeling it was something simple and kept forgetting to come here and ask.

I'll report back!

That's the answer. It will work. :)

Thanks! I'm back in business!

Hi everyone. I am a newbe and just bought an DM4800 with MK II firewire card. I work with cubase 5 but the DM is not responding in cubase mixer and when I move the fader in the mixer the DM faders do not move. When I go to device set up I choose MKII driver. I connected USB cable and fire wire cable. Status is connected. I selected 24 steinberg and the DM is just like the screenshot above. However...When I go to device setup Remote devices Mackie control. The midi in out I can only select MK II port. not port 1-7 Or select DM4800 midi channel 1-8 Nothhing else? So Why I do not see Port 1-8 ? What do I do wrong? In TCM companion I get connection. So USB is working. Maybe someone can tell me what I do wrong. Thanks already. Greetings. Herman from the Netherlands

@Herman Bo Hello Herman. I have pretty much the same setup except I am using the DM-3200 which is working just fine. I can provide some screenshots of my setup if you would like. But it would have to wait till later today.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.