DM4800 automation losing Sync With Cubase 7 during playback

Well...
So now I'm using the same basic setup but the automation is very sluggish and the slave mixer is playing a touch of static and then losing signal / uncascading. Especially within of 1-3 minutes after I enable automation.

My timecode is always off by a hair also. But this always happened before without a problem.
Help me, Jamsire, CaptDan, RedBus!!
...and any one else haha.

I'm using Cubase7 and the mixer has all the proper cascade software, cable and the master mixer is fully up to date. Also my main mixer's battery status shows "defective". I plan to change that, but Hard to believe that is the problem. It still saves automation moves.

Last edited:
@salty james I believe that CaptDan is no longer with us. May he R.I.P

Replacing the bad battery today.

The real problem is that the automation starts out (mostly) fine but at 1-2 minutes into the song it starts to get behind. I think it is slowing out of sync from the start. I just notice it at 1-1.5 minutes.

I really like this mixer and don't want to have to get another mixer.

Last edited:
Did you double check that your sync parameters are the same in Cubase and Dm4800 (same fps etc)

ok.
I'm out.
After over 10 years running these mixers I am stepping up to an API 2448. I really wanted to keep these rocking but it is just too much drama with the automation (everything else about the DM units operated perfectly for over a decade)!! Even now, the only issue is the automation. It works perfectly as a DAW controller to write auto there, but I can't get it working correct anymore running the mixers internal automation.

This is the best forum I've ever used; many polite, and knowledgeable people. If it wasn't for this place I would of sold my DM's years ago.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online

No members online now.