DM4800 no sound on playback

nflyte

From
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gear owned
DM4800 with IF-FW/DMmkll,
Hello all, I have just recorded 3 similtaneous track through pro tools and can only hear them when I hit the record button. To continue with my over dubs I can't leave it in record mode which would erase those tracks. Any thoughts on how to hear those tracks. Seems like maybe a routing problem and I have tried different things with no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like you are hearing them through Protools, not from the DM directly.

In other words you are hearing this:

Source -> DM-> Protools -> DM -> Output

You probably want this:

Source -> DM-> Output
+
DM-> Protools -> DM -> Output

Make sure:

- you gave the source input a channel on the board
- that channel is turned on and not muted
- the fader is up
- the channel has the stereo bus selected as an output

Reactions: Peter Batah
Oh this is so frustrating. Thank you for replying but I don't have a clue as to what you are saying. The output to my speakers is from the back of my computer but the input is through the DM channel. You say source DM>output. Is that from the output screen of the DM because there is two output screens and what section or page do you mean. I kinda need step by step instructiona as to how to do it .

Hi Rockum, Thank you for understanding. On the back of the DM there are 3 different outputs. Do you mean the XLR stereo out L&R the 1/4" Monitor outputs Large L&R or Small L&R. I'll do that tonight when I get home from the day gig and get back to you. It always seemed to work from the computor with cubase because there was a monitor switch in the software. That's what confusing me not to mention I'e been out of comission for a long time due to financial stress forgetting most thinks and thing are getting better now.

You could use the stereo outs, or the large, or small. I would recommend if you want the added functionality of the monitor section controls use either large or small.

Nashville is on my bucket list. I'll let you know if I ever get there. I'm going to hook up my external monitors to the control room out large L&R and also a smaller second set of monitors to the control room out small but wouldn't that be the same signal that is received to the headphone outs. What is step two?

Reactions: Rockum
Assign your inputs to channels select stereo as the output for each. Turn up the fader. You should hear these now coming from your speakers.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Also assign the outputs of protools to your iffw card. Then set up channels for the iffw card inputs.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.