Do I need to reformat my SD card, problem on a track -3 dB

Danmusic

From
Canada
Website
www.danieldion.com
Gear owned
DP-24 SD
I do not know if there is a post about that.

I don't know why. When I start a new project there is always a difference of -3 dB on track no.5.

If I compare with another track the volume with the sliders at the position, I get -3 dB on the screen for track 5.

Do I need to reformat my SD card?

Also a small problem to activate and desactivate the record button on track 9, strange. Thanks.

• Please be more precise re Stereo Master Fader physical position; and Track #5's: actual physical fader position v. digital fader level as shown in the Mix screen; as well as the position of Pan Knob, EQ settings, Input Dynamic settings, etc. Always best to start each new project with a factory reset; or create a template to reset to a known state (watch tutorial video #2 in the sticky thread "Tutorial and Informational Videos For DP-32/24/32SD/24SD").
  • Not an SD card issue.
  • Probably some dust in the Track 9 Record button switch. Easiest solution is a small squirt of Deoxit electric contact cleaner.
If you've not yet done so since joining in 2020, you may want to read the New Member sticky, and get acquainted with the indexes of the Video Tutorial, Production Tips, and Equipment Related Tips stickies in the shaded area at the top of the first page of this forum. Lot's of important/useful info there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danmusic
Thanks refer to Deoxit electric contact cleaner.

For track 5, i explain.

If i place the fader level at zero on the board, i have -3 dB on the screen.

The pan at center no EQ.

Good idea, i'll listen tutorial 2.

I have no Assign, no Dynamic FX and no effect.

I have maked a PDF file to show you pictures on https://tinyurl.com/23ykjanc

Strange because it has change. Yesterday i work on my DP24 and it was different on the screen. The level was less 3 dB.

Strange behavior, indeed.
Looks like electric/ contact problem. Contact spray would be my next step.

Thanks dctdct. I will do it.

I have formated my SD Card Sunday and no change. I have updated too.

New threads

Members online