DP-008 Backup help needed please

Jonwoode

Gear owned
DP-008
Hello, I am new to this forum and would really appreciate some help.
I am trying to backup a song to my computer but keep getting the message "It's too large press home". I only have two songs on the machine at the moment (4 mins each, 7 tracks each and both with masters). I have a 2G card and when I connect to the computer all that comes up is wav, utilities and backup which are all empty.
What am I doing wrong Please
Thank you
~Jon

Did you ever get a solution to this? I'm having the same problem.

Exporting tracks, songs etc. needs extra space on the sd-card. All recordings are held in the MTR partition(s) of the sd-card which are invisible to computers. The export & backup processes create fresh files in the FAT partition which is visible, but obviously needs space to do this. The FAT partition may already contain previously exported files so you could delete these, or just reformat the FAT partition.
With the later models such as the dp-24 & 32, they got rid of this fiddly partitioning system so the whole card is visible to computers... but Tascam are damned if they do, damned if they don't, as it also exposes all the internal workfiles which causes problems when users try to play/process them when they shouldn't :)

You need to create either a master or a backup file before it will show up in the folders (back-up, wave, utility) on the computer. Use the largest SD card your recorder will accept, name each song or short session, create back-up files, store on your computer and then re-format SD card. It is a pain but I just look at it as song/file management, after having to erase whole recording sessions because I did not understand this early on I learned a hard lesson, leave open space to render the back-up or wav file.....Ouch.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.