DP-008: No playback volume

wvGuitar

Gear owned
DP-008
My DP-008 is four years old. It worked great for about a month, but then I was no longer getting any playback volume. It ended up in my closet for the last few years, but I just got it out thinking I needed to resolve the problem and do some new recording.

It's still doing the same thing. Incidentally, it's been stored in a moderate temperature and is still as clean and pristine as the day I got it.

I checked three times to make sure I was setting things up properly; I put an electric/acoustic guitar into input A on the back, and set the mic/line switch to guitar. I set up the "input settings" and created a "new song." I loaded the song, and checked levels through my headphones. When everything was ready, I pressed the red "record" button for Track one, then pressed play. As I was recording, the L & R levels showed that my signal was coming through.

After recording and going back to "zero" start, I pressed playback, and there was nothing. Again, I tried three times to make sure everything was set up correctly. I can select the Demo Song that came on the SD card and it plays fine.

Is there something simple that I'm missing? Or has my little recorder just "crapped out" on me?

Any help or suggestions would sure be appreciated! Thanks and God bless .....

Just a thought wv: are you pressing the "record" buttons above the faders on the tracks you want to record on? They blink in "Stand by" mode, and then go solid when you are actually recording onto the tracks. I believe it will appear as if you are recording via the levels; but that may just be 'monitering' rather than actually recording.
Hope this helps, so it will be a simple fix.
brent

Reactions: wvGuitar
Thanks for taking the time to respond, Brent. I feel like an idiot ... LOL. We solved the "problem" and you were close. After I had everything set up and ready to go, I was pressing the record button on the track, instead of the record/auto punch button on the lower right hand side of the unit. It was a stupid omission, and my son had it figured out within a matter of minutes! :) Thanks again!

You are welcome. yes, it is easy to overlook a "later" obvious step while doing something that takes multiple steps to accomplish.
Let me throw you a question or two:
Have you made use of the INTERNAL Mics yet? If so, did you find using the
phantom power button made any difference?

You are welcome. yes, it is easy to overlook a "later" obvious step while doing something that takes multiple steps to accomplish.
Let me throw you a question or two:
Have you made use of the INTERNAL Mics yet? If so, did you find using the
phantom power button made any difference?

I have done only a minimal amount of recording since I figured out the problem, and used my acoustic/electric guitar plugged directly in. I do want to do some vocals and I'm sure I can get a better sound with a condenser mic, even though I have some fairly decent Shure mics. I'm going to try to get a condenser before long, if I can find one with the perfect balance of price/quality. So, to answer your question, I haven't yet done anything that requires phantom power. (My biggest overall problem is lack of time ... I seem to be burning the candle at both ends! LOL)

I hear you, wvG! One day at a time is all we can do sometimes. I am still in the stage where I am ordering accessories (since the stores don't carry as many as they used to Ive found), etc. Gonna try to pick up a new mic too. Probably the Shure Beta 58A
I hope you get some time soon to record!

Reactions: Horst

New threads

Members online

No members online now.