DP-008ex Auto mastering: pop-ups don't pop up

Roussell

Gear owned
DP-008
Hi,

I'm still very new to using my DP-008ex. When I came to mastering my first stereo master track, I chose "natural sound" as mastering type. Already when I started playback ("RHSL") to listen to how it sounded, the pop-up window "Peak detect" was displayed. (According to the manual, "peak detect" is supposed be done when the mastering is executed. By the way, are the peaks only detected or removed?)
When I pressed "execute" then, the pop-up window "Start mastering. Are you sure?" did NOT appear, but the master recording started immediately. Why could this be? Does anyone of you have experience with this kind of "error"?

It is not that it didn't work, but I would like to know if this was because of an operation error and also if my brand new DP-008ex really works correctly.

Thanks for your help!

If you have to much clipping or if your stereo mix down was at to high a level you will get the peak detected message. The 008 processes it for a while and then will master it but you likely will have some major clipping in your master. When you make your master don't push your master level so high, I mix at about the halfway spot. When you master it's adding compression which will boost your level but keep it under the peak. I've recently started using the manual settings and the library, it's time consuming but you can find the right compression setting for the song.
If you have a lot of dynamic (peaks and valleys) you can pop the master in audacity and use the leveler ( I use light or medium) to bang up he quiet parts a bit.
Good luck.

I had an issue in mastering where I can hear no audio. I make the stereo master track, switch to master mode, and there is no sound.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.