DP-008EX EQ settings

smg1

Gear owned
DP008ex
Any tips/insight/feedback re-using the EQ settings for track inputs/tracks during mixdown/
mastering appreciated-
specifically -from studying the manual it seems like the EQ settings are mainly for boost/cut of given frequencies w/the Q adjustable and the gain settings used to set the amount of boost/cut -would I be able to simulate shelf filter effects w/this or would it mainly be for adjusting a given frequency range in terms of boost /cut i.e.low pass/hi cut type of effects?Been doing a lot of online research about everything related to EQ/compression and would really appreciate feedback from people who have worked w/the unit in terms of what can actually be done w/it-
again re-above question re-hi-pass/low cut vs.shelf filter effects-would this be something I could adjust w/the amount of gain i.e.setting the dB to -12 would have the cut effect w/the frequency setting either focused on a specific #(i.e.60 hz)or a range(60-100 hz) + the shelf effect simulated by setting a frequency range + adjusting the dB somewhere in the middle....i.e.the difference between these 2 types of EQ effects being tied to the range used and the amount of boost/cut applied......??In other words the shelf effect is more about effecting a given range than a specific frequency??Thx in advance....

Continuing re-above-

I started using the EQ/comp mastering settings today + saw that unlike EQ's that allow you to set the Q amt etc this just has one frequency setting each for the high/low ranges and allows you to set the gain amt in either direction-

I'm wondering how wide a range is affected by the settings you use i.e.is the units' way of "understanding"the # to use it as the center point for the surrounding area which is also boosted or cut in a slope i.e.wide Q or just affects that specific frequency-appreciate feedback from people who've spent some time working w/it....

New threads

Members online

No members online now.