Dp 008ex mastering

axlstrat

Gear owned
2488 and DP008 ex
I tried the auto mastering on a all vocal tune.I did it was not bad.what do you folks think about the
mastering on the DP 008ex

Here's the best YouTube video (to date) to learn how to use your DP-008EX: he goes into a few issues about mixdown and mastering in the last 5 minutes of the video.

Reactions: Danmusic
I find the mastering tools on the DP-008ex adequate for my needs. I find the peak limter allows a few too many transients in, and when you analyse the wave file on the computer you can see the levels are in the red... this can be remedied by adjusting either the gain or the attack time. If you use a short attack time, you will eliminate the clipping, but the track will sound very unnatural as say the beater of the kick or the stick of the snare will not come through... so I usually just adjust the gain settings, and allow some of the transients through... I'll even allow the track to clip a little as it still sounds good on my monitors and earphones.

When I record and playback on the device it sounds great, no buzzing, no background noise. However, when convert to a wav file (only conversion type for that device) it sounds like there is a ton of background noise and buzzing. Any tips on how to avoid this?

Sort of the same question as Lara. See my thread "Where did my bass go?"

I have a cd burner that I will try when I use my computer I get added noise also. it could be the stock sound card. I am not sure . I did burn one right in to the cd burner it did not seem to be as noisy.

I find the mastering tools on the DP-008ex adequate for my needs. I find the peak limter allows a few too many transients in, and when you analyse the wave file on the computer you can see the levels are in the red... this can be remedied by adjusting either the gain or the attack time. If you use a short attack time, you will eliminate the clipping, but the track will sound very unnatural as say the beater of the kick or the stick of the snare will not come through... so I usually just adjust the gain settings, and allow some of the transients through... I'll even allow the track to clip a little as it still sounds good on my monitors and earphones.

Apologies for replying to an old post but I'm a newbie here. I notice that Neon Horn mentions a 'peak limiter' on the DP008ex and this sounds exactly what I'm looking for! Please can someone explain how I access this on the unit? Is it the same as the compressor?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.