DP-01 won't turn on. Bad fuse?

mrjonconklin

Gear owned
Tascam DP-01
My uncle gave me a working DP-01 with a suspicious power cord, while i was awaiting a new Tascam power cord in the mail I tried using the non-legit cord. The Portastudio turned on once and then off and now wont turn back on with even the proper cord. I can see a dim red light blinking somewhere on the inside of the machine near the on switch. I think I fried a fuse or something. Can anyone point me in any helpful direction? I couldn't find anything useful in the manual or on any of these forums.

Reactions: Joe Magri
I have same problem blinking red light on the inside is there a fuse located on this unit dpo1

I don't know what kind of special power cord there could be but it is often seen in even expensive broadcast equipment that switch type power supplies die and have to be replaced or repaired. These seem to be a very efficient type device until you find out they generate all kinds of hi frequency noise and they are not reliable with regard to voltage surges and being made in China can be made very poorly. There are some products that have had real issue with the switch type power supplies- I think they were USB DACs.

New threads

Members online