DP-03 "Write busy, Power off" message aggravation

Michael Ogle

Gear owned
Tascam DP-03
Just got a Tascam DP03. It stops and errors with a "Write busy, shut down" (or something close to that) message during recording, and all unsaved tracks are lost.

Try a different card? It's a new SanDisk 800 in there now.

I'm creating this as a new thread because others asking about this problem are a few months old. I really need to know if this is the disc, the unit, or if it requires service.

How often does this happen to you? I have the DP-03, as well, and have seen this error 2 or 3 times in the 20-ish hours I've put on it. At this rate it's annoying, but swapping it would be a bigger hassle than it's worth, IMO. If it started happening all the time I would be much more annoyed.

Yeah, it was happening too many times a night. I'd HATE to be most of the way through a track, then just lose everything back to the last save or power off. Three times last session.

I REALLY wanted this to be just a card problem (though I used a new card) but I can't have this happening, and If I email directly to TASCAM, and get a "We have received" auto-response, but no further communication, them I join this forum, asking in a couple different threads whether this was a unit or card problem... and get nothing...crickets... in response, well, that tells me that I've simply bought the wrong brand of recording unit.

I returned it.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.