DP-24SD Master Fader Problem

Mick Latchford

Gear owned
DP-24SD
Hi folks. Having watched Phil Tipping's excellent series of YouTube instructional videos, I bought myself a DP-24SD today. I downloaded the manual a few days ago as well, so I had a fairly good idea of what to do.

I loaded the demo song and hit play. The track level meters worked fine but the master fader meter wasn't showing any activity whatsoever. Consequently nothing was coming through the headphones and therefore the monitor knob was redundant. By the way, I'd moved all faders (inc. stereo fader) to 0dB and the monitor knob was at 12 o'clock.

I tried recording something, too. Track assigned and armed. Again the track level meter was working but the master fader meter was showing nothing. Consequently I couldn't hear the guitar. And yes, I'd plugged the guitar into input H, moved the switch at the back to 'guitar' and adjusted the sens knob. Nothing. Nada.

I'm completely stumped. Either I'm really stupid (very likely) or the unit is faulty.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hmmm... I haven't turned my DP on in a month or two - so a little rusty right now. But I'm looking at the block diagram right now and it seems that if you have the demo song loaded and channel meters bouncing, those same channel faders at 0db, and master stereo fader at 0db but meter is showing nothing... check to see that the "bounce" button is not illuminated???

Maybe try an initialize function?

Mick, the first thing I'd look at is the setting in the "Monitor Select" screen. If it's set to any thing other than "Stereo" you'd get the result you're reporting

Thanks for the replies, gents. The monitor select was set to stereo by default and I've done an initialize. I'm absolutely flummoxed. Not quite ready to start tearing my hair out, but not far off...

;)

New threads

Staff online

Members online