DP-32SD

recordings

Gear owned
dp-32sd
Concerned about the OS requirements for the 32. I need to purchase a new computer and I am looking at the Mac air OS X yosemite. Haven't purchased the 32 yet. Thoughts?

DP32 audio files can be transferred to any computer via the USB or a card reader. The DP32 connected to a PC or Mac will show up as a standard data drive. OS type or version shouldn't be a concern as USB compliance is always a constant.

From the manual:

"Song data and WAVE files can be copied and backed up to a computer connected by USB 2.0."

From Apple's website, the 2015 MacBook Air has 2 USB 3.0 ports (which are 2.0 backward compatible). It also has a SDXC card reader slot so you don't even need the USB connection if you just want to transfer the audio files. You're fine.

Thanks. Manuel gives OS requirements. In the past, in regards to other equip, I have forged ahead with a purch and was unable to use it due to OS compatibility.

Last edited:
I had Yosemite on my Macbook Pro and had three programs that wouldn't work on Yosemite. I called the local Apple store and they made an appointment with me to remove Yosemite and install Mavericks. Now all my programs work and it took about 45 minutes for them to make the change and there was no charge for the work.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.