Dp008 sd card question

Phil Cous

From
Missoula MT
Gear owned
Tascam DP02
Greetings Forumites,

Lets say two people have dp008s (or one maybe has a dp008ex) and they wish to collaborate by swapping sd cards.

Can a card simply be removed from one machine and inserted in another (same or similar model number) with no data loss? I would like to be able to lay down a couple of tracks, snail mail the sd card to my friend who adds a couple of tracks and snail mails it back, where I then master the song and move it to a computer via usb.

Thanks!

Phil

Copy the SD card contents and put in on Google Drive or Dropbox, etc.. The person on the other end can load your data on the card and get to work immediately. Seriously, no one mails SD cards. Too risky and way too slow.

Lets say two people have dp008s (or one maybe has a dp008ex) and they wish to collaborate by swapping sd cards. Can a card simply be removed from one machine and inserted in another (same or similar model number) with no data loss?
Wrong forum.
You have a DP-02. A similar question was just asked and answered yesterday in the "Digital Pocket Studios and Compact Portastudios" forum.;)

But, yeah...Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

Last edited:
Wrong forum!
You have a DP-02.This was just asked and answered yesterday...
Yes, wrong forum. Maybe an admin could hang it to the right one?

Copy the SD card contents and put in on Google Drive or Dropbox, etc.. The person on the other end can load your data on the card and get to work immediately. Seriously, no one mails SD cards. Too risky and way too slow.
Not as simple as with the 8-input recorders. The firmware of the 2-input recorders hides the songs into one or several MTR partitions (not FAT). You cannot access the songs from outside directly. But, of course, you shouldn't send around SD cards either.
Next best ist using BACKUP function of the songs to be exchanged (goes into FAT partition) and then send this encoded song file over the net. The receiver can RESTORE the song out of this file onto his SD card.

@dctdct thanks for that clarification! That's quite an important detail that I was not aware of between the units. I should have said to export the audio files and share those. Thanks.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.