DP01 ERROR MESAGE Hard drive not found please power off

fullait

Gear owned
Tascam DP01
Has anyone had this problem and what can I do about it? I have not used this machine in 2 years and I never really knew how to use it. Recently got instructions and was going to put it to use and now I have this error message. Is it toast or is there a simple cure/fix that one of you knows about? Thanks for any assistance. Fullait

I tried to substitute another hard drive and it doesn't recognize it but it's not specially formatted for Tascam. I'm not the most computer savvy person as I don't know where the menu of instructions is held in a Tascam Hard drive or Memory chip? I am thinking if I was to get another hard drive from Tascam, I would still have the exact same problem and that my unit would need a program re-downloaded into it? Maybe I'm the proud owner of a New/used Parts machine huh? There are several on Ebay with similar problems and no bids for them so I guess it's not a simple fix?

Last edited:
EURIKA: I found the answer! It's the power supply must be 12v at 1000Ma or better.
I was using a 450 ma went to a 750 ma and it sat there like it might start but didn't so went on to a 1000ma and it powered up HEY HEY HOME RUN!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.