DP24SD: Is it OK to record more than 1 guitar simultaneously?

stan3114

Gear owned
dp24SD
The Tascam DP24SD has 8 input channels, labeled A-H, that can be recorded simultaneously. The instruction manual on page 29 says that mics and a keyboard can be used for channels A-G and the input channel H can be used for a guitar or bass, but I could not find anything in the manual that indicates whether a guitar can or cannot also be used on the other 7 channels A-G. The picture on page 29 seems to imply that only 1 guitar can be recorded at a time.

I tried an electric guitar (a Fender Strat) on each of the other 7 channels A-G and it records to each track with no apparent problems. My question is if I record more than one guitar simultaneously (example, one guitar on input channel A, a second guitar on channel B, and a third guitar on channel H) will this cause damage to the DP24SD?

Not at all. The tone might be different, since the difference between the inputs is the impedance. You can work around this by putting a DI between the guitar or amp and the DP. Behringer makes a real cheapie, but a better one (Whirlwind IMP-2) can be had for just $50.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.