DP24SD - Play streaming data?

Saxomohawh

Veteran
Gear owned
Dp 24 sd
Is it possible to somehow stream data from a computer to the Tascam unit, to play a file stored on the PC without transfering it to the memory card on Tascam?

Yes, but I dont want to have to record it. I have mastered stereo files on my PC, not mastered on the Tascam. I want to listen to them. The sound card on the PC is not very great. I want listen to them through the Tascam (using the Tascams D/A inverters etc.). Is that possible? If so, how?

If you're mastered files on your PC are of .wav format and are at either 16/24 and/or 44.1/48 - then they should be able to be played by the Tascam - but there is no way to play those files without loading them on to the SD card. Period.

The only other alternative to have those song files output by the Tascam for listening... is to "play" them on another device and route them to the inputs of the Tascam and then set the routing in the Tascam to have those files output to the stereo bus and subsequently the outputs. Period.

You don't necessarily have to record this signal.... just simply play it into and through the Tascam to it's outputs. In this sense - the Tascam operates as a simple input/output mixer.

Hope this helps.:)

Reactions: Mark Richards

New threads

Members online

No members online now.