DP32 SD Capabilities

Switch

Gear owned
Tascam 32Sd
Hello All,

I am considering purchasing and want to known if the DP32 SD would be the right choice for my needs.

Q1. Could I upload a completed instrumental tack onto the first channel and then record Rap vocals on the remaining channels?

Q2. If the above is possible could I then export each track I have recorded into separate stems in the event I wanted to send off to mastering or to collab with others using other equipment?

Appreciate any advise on the above.

Thanks in Advance

Short answer: Absolutely.

The main thing to understand when importing your "completed instrumental track" is that it has to be a .wav file with these characteristics:

16 bit
44.1 khz

Once you've got your instrumental track loaded... you've got a massive amount of "room" to add vocal tracks until your heart is content. And you can keep ALL of those takes and use just the one(s) you want after listening and comparing to see which one(s) is the best take.

And then you can export and share those tracks to other recording platforms with friends and collaborators.

This machine is ideal for that sort of thing. Moving files back and forth is a cinch.

May I ask, as the unit also records at 24/48, is it not possible to transfer at that rate (slightly better quality)?

Yes you can transfer wave files in any of the 4 possible formats (16/44, 16/48, 24/44 and 24/48). Note you can only import them into a song which has been created using a a matching format.

For some reason... I thought there were limitations. I think that is an error on my part.

No worries David, it's easy to think that as it is quite finicky - it won't import if there is a song/file mis-match or if the file format is not one of the four... and the error message doesn't really help! :)

Reactions: David Porter

New threads

Members online