DR-40 not displaying recorded files when hooked up to computer

David Lopes

Gear owned
DR-40
I've tried both plugging the SD card into my computer and plugging the USB out of the DR-40 into my computer and in both instances, none of the recorded files are displayed when I browse the DR-40 on my computer's desktop.

If I try recording on the DR-40 I get the prompt that the storage is full. Right clicking the DR-40 icon on my desktop (Macbook Pro) and getting the info, it shows that the 4GB SD card is full.

I haven't had this issue before. It has been sometime since I did a dump of the recordings to my computer. Not sure if that is an issue. I also tried this on my gf's computer and experienced the same issue.

Any suggestions?

The first thing I would be trying is to use a another SD card; one that you can let the DR-40 format, so if it's already got files you need back them up first.
Perform an Initialize of the card with the DR-40, not just a Quick Format. Do some short test recordings and see what you have. For the last few years, I've only been transferring by USB cable. The same 16 GB SD card stays in the DR-40. i.e. choose a storage size that is more than enough capacity for your anticipated longest session. This has worked great for me.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.