DR-44WL External In 3/4 Mod

GTBecker

Veteran
Gear owned
DR-44WL
FYI, I've modified my DR-44WL to accept one or two additional external line inputs by squeezing a pair of 3.5mm jacks between the XLR inputs. Plugging a source into either jack disconnects the corresponding internal mic and substitutes the external source. This allows up to four simultaneous external inputs, two via the XLRs or 1/4-inch jacks and two via the new 3.5mm jacks.

I've used one track for SMPTE LTC timecode from a free Android app, and I've used an external Art USB Dual Pre for four simultaneous phantom-powered mics. A very handy modification.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxnp5ww2lb5wa3p/DSCN1748a.JPG?dl=0

Tom

Last edited:
Most here will agree with you that the DR44-WL firmware and the support apps are less than ideal; in fact, some featured functions like WiFi remote control simply do not work - or, at best, work poorly.

Overall, the DR44-WL serves its purpose and the files it yields are fine - but Teac's apparent lack of attention to long-time owner's feedback (from my first long-loved A3340S from the 1970s) is sadly disappointing.

I'm getting that. I bought it for the WiFi control, but other than the OP, few find it workable.

I'm just using it as though it has no WiFi. Once I got the SD card formatted so I can move files via USB, I think I'll never use the WiFi again.

Thanks for the feedback!

Matt

New threads

Members online

No members online now.