DR-44WL new firmware - 2.10

Gear owned
DR-44WL
We were not used to have frequent firmware releases by Tascam in the past for that device. This the third one in four months. Has anyone tried it yet?

Last edited:
IMG_20170317_132554307.jpg FYI: the DR-44WL v2.10 0124 update changes the screen font to a larger size that pushes the menus down. If that matters, you might not want to update your machine since it appears there is no way to revert to the earlier version.

Tom

Last edited:
I just got my DR-44WL one hour ago and I can't update the firmware. Yes, the file is uncompressed. I get the message "ERROR Checksum" and I can't move ahead.
Any suggestions, like returning it right now and getting the Zoom H4n Pro instead?

Attachments

• 20170320_152705.jpg
    20170320_152705.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 5
Two suggestions, at the risk of being obvious:
- download again, unzip and try again
- download v2.01, update to it, then to v2.10

Tom

Thanks Tom, but I did it 4 times in a row and didn't work. I installed the app on my Android smartphone and I used it to update using the wifi. Now I have the system 2.10 0124 and wi-fi 2.00 0025 on my recorder.
I will share here later if everything is working fine.

Thanks Tom, but I did it 4 times in a row and didn't work. I installed the app on my Android smartphone and I used it to update using the wifi. Now I have the system 2.10 0124 and wi-fi 2.00 0025 on my recorder.
I will share here later if everything is working fine.
The system and the wifi do not always have the same firmware #, so everything should be fine.

> ... can't make my lavalier mic work on the Tascam...

Again, sorry if these are obvious suggestions:
- Ext In switch in Mic position?
- Your adapter hot is XLR pin 2?
- DR44-WL in 4Ch mode?
- Input level on Channel 3 (XLR/TRS 1/Left) up?
- Your mic needs power? (No electret bias from DR-44WL); try using headphones as dynamic mic into TRS.

Tom

First of all, thanks for you help Tom. I went to a pro audio shop here in Edmonton and we tested channels 3 and 4 with their (better than mine) microphones and everything was working fine, so I believe I got the setup right. There we used several different mono adapters but none of them did work with my mic. I just tested my mic again using a Zoom H1 and it's working fine.
Looks like my JK MIC-J 044 Mono 3.5mm Plug is incompatible with my Tascam for some reason and I don't know why.

New threads

Members online