DR-44wl overdub function

John Thai

Gear owned
tascam dr44wl
Hello

I can't seem to find how to overdub an existing file. (play back a file on the tascam and live record a new one on top) I've gone through the manual, also search for keyword overdub and I can't find any references. I had the older DR-100Mki before and hoped this newer tascam could to the same. Any DR-44wl users out here who could help me out?

Thanks in advance!
grts!

The topic is old but I can share my experience.

From the computer, you can edit files in the MTR folder. The reference manual says don't do it, but you can if you follow some rules:
- each song has a folder and 4 track files named something like FOLDERnnnnnTR1.WAV
- the name of the folder and the track files need to have the same structure and prefix.
- the WAV files are always mono in MTR mode.
- all the track/WAV files need to have the same sample rate and bit depth.

with this knowledge, you can load a pre-recorded track or tracks into the recorder and then record into the other tracks.

Here is what I did:
- create a new song on the DR44 in MTR mode
- choose the sample rate and bit depth (eg 24bit, 44.1 k)
- convert my pre-recorded track to the same (using your favourite software or some online conversion utility). I converted a piano accompaniment in mp3 format to MONO 24/44.1 WAV format.
- copy the wav file onto the DR44 and rename. e.g. copy it into the song folder and replace the existing nnnnTR4.WAV file with the new one, giving it the same TR4 name.
- enable track 1 and 2 for recording (for example) and your new track will play back on track 4 while you record on 1 and 2.

simple...

New threads

Members online

No members online now.