DR-60DmkII - Everpresent level at XLR input

Kirk

From
Montreal, Canada
Gear owned
DR60DMkII
On my DR-60DmkII - even when I set the fader/knob to zero - the mixer meters give an ever-present level on the XLR inputs. (I'm unuire of this is the case with the SPDIF input also - haven't had a chance to test it .) I cannot turn the level off or even lower. Other than this it seems to function well and the audio recording is present.

Is this a normal state - as we see with Souncraft or many other mixers - or is this an error of some sort?

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for your reply back in my own thread about my DR07Mk2 with a similar question. Reading back through some of the other threads here and I see this issue has come up before. Apparently it's just the way the input levels work on certain Tascam models. Nothing wrong but a little disconcerting. Too bad the forum has such low activity.

Reactions: Kirk
Thank-you - I suspected this is the case, but I do want to be sure.

I've already made a good number of films and projects with the unit and am impressed with the quality and versatility.

Here's a little sample of the quality I'm getting from the DR-60DmkII - Trailer for EXPO67-17

http://www.EXPO67-17.ca/

Nice work, Kirk. I like the electronic score too. I used to dabble in that stuff, still have a few vintage analog synths I want to get up and running again. Right now the DR07Mk2 is not used for anything so ambitious. I'm a bass player and it's mainly just for recording my band rehearsals and gigs to study at home.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.