DR-70D switches off with phantom power

usermillion

Gear owned
Tascam DR-70D
I have two issues which might be related. When switching to MIC+PHANTOM for a phantom powered mic, the whole thing just turns off. Turning it back on reveals no change has been made. Second issue is that when plugging in a wireless mic, I get nothing picking up on the TASCAM, even though I see levels bouncing on the wireless set itself. It works fine for XLR plugged-in dynamic mikes and also the internal mikes. I've checked the cabling, seems fine, also the settings I've triple and quadruple checked. Any ideas?

What is the plug type on the wireless that is going into the DR-70D? i.e. is it a 1/4" TRS?

Hi Art, no, it is an XLR plug (Sennheiser bodypack EW100 G2)

Did you get this figured out? It took a while to even find the slimmest of specs for that EW 100 G2. From what I could find, I believe it has an option for output levels to accommodate both mic and line level. A 2006 video I watched recommended adjusting the AF Out on the receiver to -30, plugging it into a portable recorder as MIC, not LINE, and starting from the input level low and bring it up as necessary.
I don't see that Phantom should be turned on for this kind of connection. Only a condenser microphone usually needs phantom power.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.