Drive Error

Bravohorn1

Gear owned
DP 24SD
Hey all, unit still operating normally fir this:
Booted 24sd up normally, and went to usb to export. Upon connection window popped up on my PC screen saying there was a problem with this drive, and scan to fix. I did not perform windows fix at first. I disabled usb, I did not disconnect cable, I deleted wave files in audio Depot. I reestablished connection, and window popped up agaia. I then let windows scan and fix, but apparently there was a problem, and it was unable to perform task. 24sd seems to be functioning properly otherwise. This window just popps whenever I use Audio Depot. Any udeas?

The card may have been corrupted or your usb cable is faulty. If the card is corrupted you may have to reformat it. Possible causes of corruption are:
Not powering off the machine correctly.
Not powering off before removing/inserting the sd-card.
Not disabling the USB link correctly.

Another thing to consider is the legitimacy of the card. It is said that buying a SD card on ebay or Ali gives you a 50% chance of getting a counterfeit. 4 or 8 gig cards are having their controller chips hacked to make it look to the operating stem like it has far more capacity than it really does. In operation it will fill up its smaller capacity an then start overwriting what it has previously written. Sandisk and Samsung are the most counterfeited but any make is susceptible.

This scam has been going on for over 8 years but it is surprising how many people are unaware of the problem. Even Amazon has been getting bad reviews, mostly because their warehouses are co-mingling Amazon's legit cards in the same bin as those from 3rd party sellers.

https://www.diyphotography.net/psa-fake-sandisk-memory-cards-are-everywhere-including-amazon/

If you buy SD cards online it is best to test them with a program called h2testw. This will alert you to their status before the return window closes. Sometimes the cards will have the right capacity but have very slow read/write speeds.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.