Drums clipping

Silvan

Gear owned
DP32 SD
I have been having great fun recording on my DP32 since I got it at the start of the this year, and finally I recently got around to recording a full band. When I got the drums mic'd up, the bass, snare and one of the overheads signals were so strong that even after turning the trim and also the digital trim to lowest settings I was still getting clipping, but I went ahead and recorded them, and thankfully during playback there was so sign of any distortion, and when I did the final mix with other instruments, everything sounds great. I had always recorded hot in the past, but recently I would rather back things off a touch, as sometimes I have made recordings that have slightly distorted, even though the meter levels didn't go into the red. So, I'm looking into getting a di box, Behringer DI4000, and hopefully I can control the signal before going into DP32, and I would like to double check that this would be suitable, and also, as the overhead mic is a condenser and I'm not sure if I will need to turn the phantom power on after going through the di box?

New threads

Members online