Effects loop for reamping - no sound

Fin H

Gear owned
DP32SD
Hi

I'm very much new to the DAW world, but am using the DP32SD with my band to record. It has proven pretty intuitive and has been great. The only problem we've run into is in attempting to send a recorded track out through the effects send via TRS to reamp through a guitar cab. For some reason the track doesn't seem to play and there seems to be no sound/signal going into the guitar amp. We tried sending out the same track to the guitar cab via the monitor out and it was coming through.
Does anyone have any idea what we might be doing wrong?
Any suggestions or advice would be very greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the show! We have some lovely gifts for you, just for playing…
Sorry. I watched a lot of TV as a kid…:rolleyes:

ANYway. Glad yr enjoying your DP…it’s a fine unit, and - like you said - very intuitive & user-friendly, especially when you get past the initial overwhelm. Ideal for recording a band.

As is the custom: I strongly recommend any/all of the following - MOST helpful/informative:
  • Read the “sticky”/pinned posts at the top of the category
  • Watch @Phil Tipping ’s excellent YTube vids. They’re linked in the stickies.
  • SERiously consider getting PhilT’s User Guide - it’s better than the manual by several orders of magnitude. Links to his site in the stickies.
Anyway - to address your specific issue: in the spirit of Occam’s Razor, I’d bet a bag of pucks that your Aux Sends and/or Send Masters for the channel you’re trying to output aren’t turned up; AND you have to enable the Send in the [MIXER] screen for that channel (choose Off/Pre/Post). Check that. I think it’s page 37 of the DP-xxSD manual; and I’d suggest using Send2, so’s to not involve the internal send FX. K.I.S.S.! :LOL:

Last edited:
Hi - thanks so much for such a swift and enthusiastically helpful response! Band will be assembling once more on Friday with the DAW so I'll definitely check the things you mentioned and see if that's what we overlooked. :)
Will also have a squiz at Phil Tipping's user guide, as per your recommendation. Cheers!

Reactions: shredd
Okay, thanks for that. Don't happen to know which one, do you? Am finding heaps of stuff about the onboard built-in effects of the DP32 but can't seem to find stuff talking specifically about the external effects send.

The only problem we've run into is in attempting to send a recorded track out through the effects send via TRS
....bet your Aux Sends and/or Send Masters for the channel you’re trying to output aren’t turned up; AND you have to enable the Send in the [MIXER] screen for that channel (choose Off/Pre/Post)...page 37 of the DP-xxSD manual; and I’d suggest using Send2, so’s to not involve the internal send
Shredd's advice is spot on and reflects the OM's straight forward explanation on using the Send circuits (see "Section 6 - Basic Recording - Sending Signals to Internal/External Effects").

The Production, Equipment, and Video Tutorial sticky threads all demonstrate ways to incorporate external gear into the recording/mixing process. They all rely on the basic setup process shredd described (and as described in the OM).

If you applied those and it didn't work for you, that's a different matter.

Read the “sticky”/pinned posts at the top of the category...Watch @Phil Tipping ’s excellent vids. They’re linked in the stickies....
I think the moderator may have been referring you to this part of the New Members sticky (following up on shredd's suggestion to refer to the stickies):
  • Familiarize yourself with the Indexes in each of the technical sticky threads at the top of this forum. The answer to many common questions, as well as tips and techniques for advanced users, can be found in those sticky threads. The first post in each sticky thread has the Index to the posts in that thread.
  • Even if the technical stickies do not address your issue directly, chances are you can find a similar situation in the stickies to point you in the right direction (e.g. setting up a MIDI connection is basically the same for all MIDI devices; connecting outboard FX is the same for all types of outboard gear).

Last edited:

New threads

Staff online

Members online