Effects on the DP-24SD

Musicman58

Gear owned
Tascam 2488neo
I have the 2488neo and really like the effects capability it offers. It has 3 effects sends, 1 internal and 2 external. Also, I can use the Mic effects on up to 8 channels while mixing down. So this gives me the following set up:

- internal effect on delay for guitar tracks
- external 1 effect for reverb for all tracks
- external 2 effect for vocal harmonizer/processing
- Mic effects for compression on 8 tracks

Does the DP-24SD have the same capability?

Thanks!!

The DP-24 has only 2 effect sends, one internal and one external.

The "mic effects" you mention are still there. You can use one type of effect on all 8 tracks, but you cannot use multiple effects simultaneously (i.e., compressor, gate, de-esser).

If your NEO still works I would not buy the DP - it is really a step back, in my opinion.

Reactions: dctdct
If your NEO still works I would not buy the DP - it is really a step back, in my opinion.
Funny...I was searching the forum for answers on something else, and stumbled over this thread, now over 7 years old...
And I think that STILL holds true!!!

I personally have a 1st-gen DP-32, and I like it real well.
BUT - I also had 2488's for YEARS, starting w/the original, and through them all up to the (still mint-condition) 2488neo I have now.

And - despite the DP having been installed as the centerpiece of my home studio...when compared head-to-head, I STILL consider the 'neo to be the superior unit. In fact, if I could get my hands on that HGR video-monitor adapter that guy in the UK made for the 2488's for a while (nowhere to be found now), I'd probably STILL be using it.
The 'neo surely has shortcomings - not all of which are addressed in the DP - but it ALSO has capabilities the DP does NOT, that I think set it apart/above the DP.
So it's still in the stable.

That said - if anyone reallllly wants to have it, you could probably talk me into giving it up for your first-born child and a plate of nachos...:LOL:

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.