Effects

Matt B

Veteran
Gear owned
dp24sd
...but first, while trying to sign-in:

"Lisa likes vodka, and Bryan enjoys tonic. If you put that together, what beverage will you get?"

That it the Captcha question. I am not a drinker. Why is "vodka and tonic" incorrect?

Effects...

I am still getting to know my DP24SD, and I think I will miss some of the effects I had on my Korg D3200. What (hopefully) inexpensive effects unit would be good for pitch shift, analog record emulation, pan delay, tube emulation, octave, and/or etc.

Use your D3200 only as effect unit ?
It could do the job easily.

Ha ha! I had that same question while logging in. I believe there is no "and " in the drink title. Silly.....

So I guess I will have a "Rum Coke" and do some recording.

Still on my mind to get an inexpensive interface and try the laptop as an effects processor. I have been too busy rehearsing and performing to get to it. It seems like a natural application, and I am surprised ten people have not chimed in.

I have decided not to use the D3200 - I think it has more value to someone else as a recording machine. Also, I have limited space and it is big.

Yup... I get it! I tried 200 times to log in before someone "knowledgeable" ;-) clued me in.

Hey TS-1, I never addressed your comment. I think the 3200 could have been a good signal processor, and I do miss the huge selection of effects it offered.

Several of the buttons were getting balky, and the hard drive had started making noise. Had I kept it, I would have kept using it as my primary recorder, and I would have been scared every time I turned it on that my work would be lost.

TC Electronics multi-effects unit on the way, for additional reverb and echo. I have not tried to use my laptop and Reaper for external effects, though I bought a mini-mixer with a USB input-output.

"For the record" I have been using Audio Depot to move individual tracks to Reaper in my laptop computer for pitch shift, pitch correction, track inversion and etc. So far, no issues - it has been easier than it at first sounded.

Hello,
I've got a Tascam DP - 32 SD, after recording 7 individual tracks, and renaming the file, I'm not able to procure the song file as a whole, instead I get multiple songle tracks in wav format on the SD card.
Is there a way to get one complete single audio file that includes the song as a whole on the SD card, without getting individual tracks?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.