Exporting master files

Kail

Gear owned
DP-24SD
Hello! I've had my DP-24SD for about 3 weeks now and generally am happy with the machine. Have a couple questions that I would appreciate more experienced users help on. I've learned from this forum that the file name with the z on the end is my master file. When I export it to my computer, the volumes are REALLY low. Also when I master and use the normalizing feature, it usually raises the levels/volume but distorts the song. How do I get a good clear/clean copy of my song (like what I am hearing on the DP-24 with headphones) onto my computer? I'm not having a problem finding, or copying the WAV files, but they seem to be of a low quality. Thanks.

Have you tried to normalize it with audacity, it's free and easy. I haven't use my dp24 much but my old 004 would put out a relatively quiet master. On my 008 when I use the normalize I often will get some clipping. I don't like DAWs at all but I always pop my masters in audacity so I can see it and perhaps level it out a tad.
Good luck.

Does anyone know if it would be better to export the WAV onto the computer, then run it through Audacity, or just record it into Audacity directly out of the DP-24 line outs?

Ok, I will try that tonight. I was worried maybe the sound quality would suffer if I imported, then normalized and boosted the signal, rather then just recording it hotter in Audacity.
Thank you!

Watch your compresser when mastering, EQ first then compress then normalize,I always get my master in a daw to fix it u,p the Tascam is good but missing a few things.

Can we export individual tracks to a daw or just a stereo 2 track {left and right}

New threads

Members online

No members online now.