Exporting Tracks And Importing Tracks via Audio Depot, Panning Problem

jimny

Gear owned
DP-32 SD
Hello there,

I'm using a DP-32 SD for some years. Today I've exported for the first time a stereo track pair from track 29/30 to the audio depot. This resulted in 2 Mono Tracks. Then I've imported this Mono tracks to Track 7 and 8. Both tracks can only be heared on the left speaker. If I turn the panorama controller to the right the signal is completely gone away.

I've repeated the procedure with another stereo pair from track 29/30 (I've used virtual tracks) to tracks 5 and 6 and it was the same effect.

Is there anything I've should have done before exporting? The panorama controller of track 29/30 stood on center.

I'm not a native english speaker. Excuse me please for any mistakes in my text.

Hi jimny, the pan controls have no effect on the export process. If you're sure the stereo track had a signal on both left & right sides before exporting (check the meter bars when the track is playing), then both exported files should contain audio data.
When you play tracks 7 and 8 after importing, do the meter bars move for both tracks? If so, that proves both mono tracks contain audio data so the import has worked correctly.
This now leaves your monitoring system or the pan settings...
What are you monitoring on? It could be a problem with e.g. using a mono headphone adapter instead of a stereo one, a faulty adapter, etc.
Failing that, there are many pan controls in the machine so are you sure you're adjusting the correct one? One way of guaranteeing all pans are central is to do a factory reset or use the template method shown in the tutorial videos.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer, Phil! Indeed the meter bars of the tracks 7 an 8 are moving. I think I'll do a factory reset. I'll report if the problem is fixed or not.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.