Fade in, Fade out on DP 32 SD

Donald Carroll

Gear owned
DP 32SD
Can anyone help me???
I am trying to do a fade out at one of my songs ends.
Can I perform a fade in/out on the DP 32SD?
If so... Please let me know if there are any YouTube tutorials for that!
Thanks!

There is no automated fade function. But it should be a snap to do one manually via the bounce function assuming you'e got a couple of spare tracks.

Thank You David for your response. I will definitely give that a try!
I will post my results once I try your advice!
Thanks Again!

This for me is a glaring omission, I can't understand why "fade in" and "fade out" options were not added to the track edit menu. Maybe something for a future firmware update.

Here's how I do a manual overall fade out at the end of a song when creating the stereo master (the OP's concern):
  • Enter Mixdown mode
  • Set the "in/out" points of the song
  • Press "F1" to set the screen to "Timeline"
  • Press "Record" (or "Play" to practice the timing)
  • Watch the the Timeline Screen as the song approaches the "Out" marker
  • Start moving the Master Fader down so that it reaches infinity as the song hits the "out" marker and automatically stops.
Not hard at all. Just takes a reasonably steady hand and some practice.

Similar technique works for an overall fade in.

Working multiple individual track faders when mixing down gets a bit more challenging. In the good old days sometimes we had three pairs of hands working the board. :D

As David suggested, having a few spare tracks can come in handy for bouncing if there are several individual tracks to fade in or out during the final mix. Having the ability to control that with Track Edit ~would be~ a nice enhancement.

Last edited:
I'm sure that works well, but what about when you want to use fade to soften an unwanted audible edit point? you may have little more than a 1 second window, tricky even for the best of manual editors.

but what about when you want to use fade to soften an unwanted audible edit point?

This is where the limitations of this platform are evident.

While there are limits to the editing capabilities - there are some work-arounds. I use the "silence" editing function all the time. However, when in and out points are too close together for that function to be work - there is another way. Again not ideal - but I have got it to work for me:

You can copy all of the performance data right up to what would have been your "silence" function "in" point to a spare/blank track... and then copy everything after starting at what would have been your "silence" function "out" point and paste that to the appropriate location on the spare/blank track.

Beyond this sort of "work-around" - your best bet is to transfer the tracks to a computer based DAW - where fades and silent points can be done surgically.

Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: Mark Richards

New threads

Members online

No members online now.