Fader malfunction

LAVRNIUS

Gear owned
32sd 2488 424mk111 dp01fx
I moved recently and during the switch my board took a small hit. the only damage was that the fader on track one is not sitting in the correct position. It is crooked on the board. When I play the track the volume is low and only is only correct when I press down on the fader. I am assuming the fader is not sitting on the line correctly. Is this a fix I can do my self or take it to repairs?

The fader is most likely broken or the solder joints are cracked and reflowing the joints may fix it. Either way, you have to open it up and assess the damage. That is not something the average user would be expected to do.

I had the same issue with a fader of the DP24, you should diassemble the unit to arrive to the mainboard of faders, desoldering and try accomodate It. Not easy work but I have done, you can try.
I have asked the spare part to Tascam (to autorized assistance centers), was too expensive...around 50€ for a single fader...3-4 mounths to receive the part, no comment...

Reactions: -mjk-
Yea I figured as much. Probably gonna check for a local guy. It’s only one track so not huge deal. Sucks it’s track one if it was last track I doubt I’d care as much.

But the last track is a stereo pair so the impact would be worse.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.