junomat

From
Baltimore
Website
mobtownstudios.com
Gear owned
Tascam DM4800 + Firewire
Hey!

Just upgraded to Logic X and it's great expect for when I FFwd with the transport the playhead disappears until I hit PLAY again. This doesn't happen when I Rewind. Any ideas on why this would happen?

This didn't happen with Logic 9.

Here is a link to a video showing you what happens:

Thanks!

Looks like an MMC/USB disconnect. I know as much about Logic as I do the workings of Area 51. But I would suggest unplugging all your USB connections, reconnecting them and trying again. If that doesn't help, there's probably a USB conflict, or something you forgot to set in Logic-X.

CaptDan

Last edited:
Hmm that's interesting. Perhaps you could delete the control surface for the DM and reinstall. Could be something in the controller assignments section. If all else fails it could pay to re work all the settings in the desk from factory to logic etc.

I have the same set up in logic x and no issues. It's more likely a logic problem than a desk issue I think. The desk is obviously spitting out transport info correctly since all other functions are working.

Try a logic redo in the controller assignments and control surface sections.

It's my best guess....

Thanks for replying!

I stripped everything out and started over and still the same issue.

Here is my screenshot for the Fast Forward Control. Basically the same as rewind and rewind works great for shuttling back.

Any other ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 11.03.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 11.03.06 AM.png
    351.4 KB · Views: 4

New threads

Members online