"File Error" erases multiple tracks

The song.sys or editable.sys may not be corrupted. If either was, I don't think the song would load at all. Try the file recovery steps in the Equipment Tips sticky, including on the {songname}.wav files.

We did have a case where the system file got out of sync. At this point, I think that @shredd has not much more to lose. I *believe* that if the .sys file is missing, the unit rebuilds it (but don't quote me on that). It's not like the song isn't already ruined and of course, should be backed up even in it's corrupted state before trying anything else.

What puzzles me is that the actual drum track zz file disappeared from the SD card along with the subset of zz files used to create the final drum track.

Last edited:
Reactions: shredd
What puzzles me is that the actual drum track zz file disappeared from the SD card along with the subset of zz files used to create the final drum track.
This was by far the most twisted part of this trainwreck.
I wasn’t doing anything with that track, or song naming (that would’ve affected that .sys file)…
IIRC, at that very moment the flames went up, I was editing and using the Jog Play button to open up the .wav window for a precise mark placement. The “File Error” window popped up, & the Demons Of Tascam were released.

It may be a relevant comment to make here:
I’ve had my DP do some odd behaviors when the Jog Play is involved - it’s become apparent that certain features/functions being engaged will disable or just confuse others.
Just ONE example: if the Repeat or AutoPunch button is on, you can’t set in/out points (even if NOT in Jog Play).
Stuff like that. I imagine it’s a software/firmware/coding issue. Even w current firmware, my unit will occasionally do (or won’t do) some odd things…o_O

My contribution to the name would be the one that is the most descriptive and the least offensive:

File Error!

Reactions: BazzBass and shredd
I also do stand-up.

"How much does a Millennial weigh?"

"An Instagram."

My contribution to the name would be the one that is the most descriptive and the least offensive:

File Error!

I just realized that this would be a fatal band name. Imagine the engineer loading the show on the SonicView only to see "File Error!" in the list of shows and thinking the file was corrupted.

That reminds me of a license plate I saw in New Hampshire: "NONE" in bold letters on a white background. Brilliant.

Last edited:
Wife to husband 'SSSSh you'll wake the children'

Husband ' they are already woke' lol

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.