Firewire Card I DM3200

J.O.

Gear owned
DM4800, MR816X2,NS10M
Greetings! I hope that you're well.

I just installed the first edition of the Firewire card on my DM3200 and it comes up on the mixer as expected however, the only information displayed is the 1394 status which is OK and the 24 tracks for both inputs and outputs.

I'm trying to route audio between the DM3200 and Ableton however, I'm not able to hear anything nor see any levels on the meters within Ableton. My mixer has the most current firmware.
Please advise

Thanks.

Hi J.O.,

Your question is a very wide open one. It's impossible to advise you based on what you tell us. What exactly are you doing and where on the mixer to get the audio through the FW card to your DAW?

Once again this sounds like a job for Routing Man - Or should I say Routing manual!

I don't own that board, but use a Tascam FW-1884 with Cubase. I'd at least think your issue would be somewhat universal. At times when I was not getting any audio with my set up, it was due to some simple pilot errors. Eiether my VST Inputs/Outputs weren't set up, or the track I was trying to run had not yet been assigned with an Input/Output.
Of course within my DAW software I had to assign my FW-1884 as my ASIO device. On top of this, I had to set up the Tascam as my controller within Cubase, under Devices, which the Midi In & Midi Out needed to be assigned for the board to move Cubase faders, and for Cubase to move the hardware faders.

The above is assuming that nothing is working for you, which you have not said.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.