Soundaholic
From
Montreal, Canada
Website
www.cafejoya.com
Gear owned
DM4800 / MU1000
Hello again.

What is the recommended Firewire card that can / should be used in conjunction with the DM-3200. My system = HP xw8200 Windows XP SP2

Thank you

Peter

That would be the IF-FW mkII. The original should also work, but is limited AFAIK to 24 tracks (and has no working driver for current OSes).

Thanks for the prompt reply. Perhaps I wasn't being clear. I was referring to the installation of a firewire pci card in my Windows XP computer. The DM-3200 that I am looking at already has the IF-FW MKII installed in it

Peter, just a word of good advise: I can't say if this is true for WIN XP, but it sure is for 7 and above:

if you ever find yourself in a situation, where your DAW "loses" your DM, and you may have to go nuts for a few seconds on your DM's transport buttons, before the DAW finally reacts again to your inputs: don't (just DON'T) stick to XP! I got the latest of drivers for the IF-FWMKII installed here, running Win 10 64 bit - and this behaviour seems gone. Running it for two weeks now, and all programs that lost contact to the DM before now hold on very tight to it! I don't know if it's only on behalf of the DM drivers (think not, I had the problems still while running these new drivers with WIN 7) or a combination of drivers and Win 10.

For your question: I got a VIA 1394 Controller onaboard, and an extra Texas Instruments 1394 controler, actually using the Texas Instruments.

@snafu Thank you so much for your input. You have brought up some very interesting points. I suppose that I could locate a PCI Firewire cards n a local computer store in my area. Of course, there is always Amazon or eBay. As for the issue where the DAW "loses" the DM, has anyone else on the forum experienced / discussed this? Have a great day. Cheers. Peter

Hey Peter,
glad I could be of any help. I was browsing the archive, 'cause I thought I started a thread some time ago about this "loosing contact" issue. I'm afraid I was wrong. I started this topic in another forum, namely the samplitude forum.

www.samplitude.com

( http://support2.magix.net/boards/sa...41-anyone-using-tascam-dm3200-with-sam-pro-x/ )

It's a forum where you have to register to view the content (doesn't cost you anything of course). Back then, I was looking for users of Dm3200 and Samplitude, because I thought the problem would occure only in this combination. Later on, I found out I had the same problem in Reason (version 7 at the time) too. Unfortunately there seem to be not many Dm3200 users using also Samplitude, so I got feedback, but not as much as expected. And yes, the other guy told me he would experience the same problem.

I contacted both supports (Sampitude/Tascam), but they provided only some hints as where to look for know troubles. Anyways - I got used to the issue for a long time, until recently when I found out my problem was gone.
It's still the same PC, same FW card, same FW cable, same everything, except for the fact I'm now using WIN 10 64 bit and the latest of drivers found here in the forum.

I'd be very interested if someone here experiences / experienced the same issue.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Thanks again. I signed up on the Samplitude (Magix) forum. Waiting for email confirmation

For reasons I cannot get into right now, I may be stuck using Windows XP. I'll see how that goes. Cheers! Peter

New threads

Members online