Phil Tipping

Staff member
From
West Wales, UK
Website
www.philizound.co.uk
Gear owned
dp-32sd
Note this post is out-of-date; V1.03 is currently the latest (Jan 2018).

Just noticed v1.02 released in August 2017. My DP-32SD now says v1.02 0013 (was 1.01 0006).
The owner's manual also has the same datestamp so maybe there are some revisions?
N.B. Pete C found some of the Tascam web sites do not list this upgrade, so start at the top from tascam.com and pick multitrack recorders from the list on the left, then dp24/32sd as reqd. then downloads in the links & downloads section on the right.

Not confirmed changes yet but website says:

DP-24SD & DP-32SD:
  • When specific equalizer settings were made, the stereo level meters would move even when there was no sound. This has been fixed.
  • On rare occasions noise would occur at the beginning of a song when a master file was played back. This has been fixed.

DP-32SD only
  • When the 9th track or later was set as a mono track, the right channels of stereo WAV files would not be imported. This has been fixed.

Last edited:
Cool. Thank for the heads up! Traveling now - but I'll download the latest FW when I get home.

I'm not sure if it's in the manual, but there's a file called "How to update the firmware" on the website. Basically you download & unzip the firmware file, copy the unzipped file to the Utility folder on the sd-card, either directly or via USB. Next, power-up the machine while pressing both Mute & Undo buttons, and then follow the prompts on the screen to install the firmware from the sd-card. Once it's installed, you can then use a computer to delete the firmware file from the Utility folder.

Thanks Phill...update applied no problems.....

Pleasure.

Hi all
I have done the update for DP24D but I ear some noise too at the beginning.

There appears to be a newer FW version dated 10-17 ver 1.03.

Has anyone downloaded this one yet?

Here is a firmware update story for ya ...
I HAD to update the firmware on my printer to make it work. So I did my duty and allowed the update to proceed. When it finished, it would not allow me to print because I had non-Epson cartridges in it! I have always used 3rd party ink because of the price and they came with more ink in them. I had over $60 worth of ink that I now have to throw away (which was 2 refills) and had to spend over $75 for Epson ink that does not have as much ink in the cartridges. GRRRR! Now I cant wait for this printer to fail so I can go get another brand. Sheesh, I may just do that anyway! /rant over

Reactions: TalR
Thank you, Phil.

Sorry about the rant!

Tal

New threads

Members online