First Official Tune on the DP 24

Jim D

From
Drexel Hill Pa
Gear owned
488 MKII, DP 24
Finally found some time to create a song on my DP. I have been spending most of my time learning the ins and outs of it and learning to read music and play piano. Being self taught on Bass and Guitar and playing by ear doesn't work as easily on the Piano. I can do riffs on it and some chords but need to dig deeper. It's an instrument I have wanted to learn so I bit the bullet and am taking lessons. It's like trying to learn Latin...

https://soundcloud.com/user-598418318/love-and-you-and-me

Reactions: -mjk-
Very nice Jim, really enjoyed that. What sort of guitar were you using? It sounded lovely. Great harmonies as well, nice to hear someone singing instead of SHOUTING!! :) The sound quality/bit rate was atrocious, but I presume that's sound cloud's fault? But apart from that, I really liked it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim D
Thanks for the compliment. I used a Guild acoustic on that. You are correct about the sound and bit rate. I noticed that with other sings I have posted that were done in a full blown studio.on the CD and on a stereo or in the car it sounds soo much better. The bass is much flatter too. But Sound Cloud is free for the first 180 mins. Guess its true you get what you pay for ( or don't pay in this case)

Thanks for the compliment musicianvw. The guitars were done in one session. Two rhythm tracks first then the two lead tracks.

no, no punches. Of course I had practiced it before recording. At least the first rhythm track. That guitar sounds good using a microphone.

Very impressed with your song and especially your first one on the dp24. I just upgraded to the 24 from the 8 track and am in the process of learning it. I ordered a 32G SD card, and I hope it's compatible. Nice job.

Reactions: Jim D
Thanks for the kind words Robert. You should have no problems with the SD card. Many on these threads use somewhat different brands\types but I have not had any issues with the 32 GB . I use the SanDisk microSDHC Card with Class 10/UHS-I Video Compliance and 80MB/S Maximum Transfer Speed - 32GB. Some use the ultra but very few have had any issues. There are a lot of great musicians and recording pro's on this forum. Suggest taking a look at this one http://www.tascamforums.com/forums/2488-and-dp-24-32-digital-portastudios.7/. Everything you ever want to know about the DP -24\32 is here. Many very knowledgeable people with some great ideas and insight. And they are all very friendly and always willing to help you out.

New threads

Members online