First Recording Tascam DP 24 SD

Dunny, I gave a quick listen.

The musicianship/arrangement is very good. I like the guitar work and how you've recorded the lead guitar.

First impression on the overall recording quality (to my ears, playing back on high-end reference equipment):

I think the Bass guitar is a bit too prominent.

You can also bring up the overall level a bit. I'm guessing your not cracking -12dBFs at unity gain.

What monitoring gear are you listening to for mixdown/mastering (speakers, headphones, and brands)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunny
Dunny, I gave a quick listen.

I think the Bass guitar is a bit too prominent.

What monitoring gear are you listening to for mixdown/mastering (speakers, headphones, and brands)?

Thank you Mark and BikerDude for your time and ears ,
Mark you have very good ears indeed , i actually increased the volume and depth to a bring the bass guitar up in the mix , so i must have over egged it to much , that is great advice and i will revisit the song and try to fix the issue . I use Mackies CR4 monitors which at the time where a cost effective buy for me , but maybe i will up grade them in the future.

Thanks again lads for your time and responce

Cheers

Paul

Paul, first try reducing the bass guitar frequency by about 4dB between 100 and 125 Hz. That should keep the punch but open up the low mids that sound like they are being masked right now by the bass guitar harmonics.

Reactions: Dunny
Thank you Mark for your input and insight, brilliant can not ask for anything more

Paul

Reactions: Mark Richards

New threads

Members online

No members online now.