Frustrated

Bravohorn1

Gear owned
DP 24SD
Hey,
I've got another issue. Had a session today with some local musicians, and the vocals went through microphone, and out monitors during recording but very dull, and distant on playback. IvechecI've every thing, and can't get it right. Im hoping its the operator (me), and not the unit.

Thanx

How is the playback level on the track? How does it sound soloed?

Last edited:
Hey,
On playback it's just seems like it's almost muted, but not quite. I had lead vocals, and acoustic on one track, and lead on a second. At first I thought my last effects and Dynamics from a different session we're bleeding through, so I went to preferences and reset. That didn't work. Do I need to reset on each individual track, and input. In background i could hear some static. Seens like the mikes going straight to monitors and not on to the track. I crank up the monitor level to high, and faders have no impact on track volume. I tried exporting to daw in PC, and even that's suppressed with no way of manipulating levels. Thanks

Bravo, my best guess is that you had the microphone input routed to the stereo bus and the track at the same time while recording. So when you play it back it sounds different because you're only listening to the track by itself.

Audio settings are saved for each song, so resetting the unit and then reloading the song just puts it back the way it was. You should go track by track, looking at the mixer screen for each track normal it out. You can also see if any track has the insert affect applied to it.

If something is recorded on a track, and the stereo fader is up, it is an impossibility for the fader to not control the level of the track to the stereo bus, unless you're not in mixdown mode or multitrack mode. Make sure you're actually monitoring the stereo bus in the selector. The bounce button should not be lit.

Reactions: Steven L. Stevens
Hey,
Thank you so much. The stereo bus was lit in that particular song. I did as you suggested, and loaded each track and mixer screen did indicate as you explained. Turned effect insert off, and phaze off. I deleted/erased a bunch of my own personal recordings that I already have exported. Looks like issue corrected. Can't thank you enough.

Excellent!

Reactions: Steven L. Stevens

New threads

Members online

No members online now.